This is MotoDAS
“To help people be their best in the moments that matter”
Supporting both the Public and First Responders
Indoor coverage has always been a problem and is getting worse. Buildings are more dense and made with steel interiors. Data networks are much more demanding than analog. End-users are more demanding and expect excellence.
Customers have varied needs. They may have indoor coverage problems with their own private LMR system or they have a need for enhancing the public safety coverage inside their structures. Whether it is a MotoTrbo, P-25, or other repeater system that works great outdoor (macro), but has specific coverage areas inside a building, tunnel, or other facility, we can help.
An estimated 80% of all wireless calls originate or terminate inside buildings! More and more people demand that their handheld radio or cell phone works everywhere!
Have you ever walked into a building and noticed you have “no bars” on your cell phone? Radio and Cellular signals are greatly reduced when passed through dense building materials such as concrete and metal. During 9/11, this problem was prevalent in the World Trade Center towers when first responders were not able to effectively communicate inside. Since 2009, the International Code Council and the National Fire Protection Association have added first responder radio coverage requirements to their book of fire codes. Currently, this is NFPA-1221. Many states and municipalities have begun enforcing these codes.
- There are over 5.6 million commercial buildings in the U.S
- First Responders need to be able to talk inside, communicate to each other inside, and communicate outside
- Building Occupants need to be able text and call 911 from inside those buildings and receive mass notifications wherever they may be inside the building
- Response Time is Critical: The FCC estimates that an improvement of one minute for 9-1-1 response time would save 10,000 lives in the US annually
- A Survey of the International Association of Fire Chiefs reports that in a large percentage of buildings, critical communication can’t happen.”
The Motorola Solutions DAS Center of Excellence takes these issues seriously. We offer “turn-key” solutions that provide Design, Engineering, Supply, Implementation, and Commissioning of Indoor Enhancement products. Motorola can provide solutions for private repeaters, SMR trunking, P-25 Public Safety, and any or all of the cellular carriers.